Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oops. Published before I was done. That's what I get for doing this from my phone! Anyway, Dad is getting a pretty heavy dose this time. So far he is good. Blood platelets were down and required a blood transfustion. This is very common and probably will not be the last. As you can see in the photo he is charming the nurses. (Sorry, I tried to twist this photo.) After this round in the hospital they will harvest more stem cells. The goal is to get rid of the cancer cellsin his blood. As with last time the effects of the chemo don't hit till the end of this cycle and after his release. Mom is doing well. Staying busy and wishing this all to end soon! Victor, dad's brother, is helping out for the week. This gives mom a deserved break from the hospital and dad enjoys the company. Keep the great thoughts and messages coming. They read them all.

5 comments:

  1. Love to see the smile, Erik! Say hello to Victor for me. You'll be out of there in no time driving that new SUV. Talk soon. Love, DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik,
    I like the buzz cut! We got a laugh reading that you went car shopping and got a new SUV, although it will never beat the Focus story. I'll never look at that without thinking of Max's pronunciation. Classic!
    We think of you often and continue praying for you. Godspeed,
    Maria & Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron and I went to visit the crew yesterday. His room is starting to look like a college dorm room "minus the beer cans" as Victor pointed out !
    Classical music playing and all in good spirits !! Keep up the cheer and we will see you out of all of this humbug soon.
    Love you....Ron & Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ol'Timer, Hope you're hanging in there and not giving the nurses too much trouble. Your new hairdo looks great, look at all the money you save on combs and shampoo. I'm anxious to see your new SUV. Naturally you've been the topic of discussion at the after-hiking-coffee group, what will he buy next? We're still sending positive thoughts your way.
    Love, Paul and Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erik,
    Tom Bunke here. Heard the news the other day and found your daughter's blog. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way, keep fighting! My wife, kids and I sold our house and moved to a new one on Quail Valley Rd in Solvang. I believe that was your old neighborhood, we love our new place and the neighborhood is great. Shaun Cassidy now lives on the street as well. Looks like we are seeing the beginning of a new hard market, but still a ways to go. Best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete